Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm)
D.Pharma. or Diploma in Pharmacy is an undergraduate Diploma Course in the medical field of Pharmacy. Pharmacy is a medical field involved in the preparation, dispensing and appropriate use of medication meant for therapeutic purposes. The course provides the minimum qualification to become a Registered Pharmacist in India. It is also offered as D. Pharm. in various medical institutes which is one and the same thing. There is no specialization in D.Pharma. and the course only provides the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science.
- Minimum qualification for admission to Diploma in Pharmacy course — A pass in any of the following examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics.
- Intermediate examination in Science;
- The first year of the three-year degree course in Science,
- 10+2 examination (academic stream) in Science;
- Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examination.
- Provided that there shall be reservation of seats for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Govt. /State Govts./Union Territory Administrations as the case may be from time to time