MBA as of today is one of the most popular post-graduate courses not just in India but also abroad. This is because holding an MBA degree has become a necessity for applying for managerial level jobs irrespective of the academic background of the candidate. An MBA degree is primarily focused on business management and marketing. The most prominent aspects taught in this course are marketing, supply chain management, operations management, organizational behavior, principles of management, and entrepreneurship. After completing an MBA degree, candidates can land jobs at top-level managerial positions in the leading companies in India and abroad, with salary packages ranging between INR 8 lakhs to INR 30 lakhs per annum.
Key highlights of an MBA:
- An MBA can be pursued after completing undergraduate degrees from any background such as humanities, commerce, and science.
- An MBA degree can be pursued in various modes such as online, part-time, full-time, or distance education.
- Essentially a regular MBA course is taught in 6 semesters divided into two years.
- The full-time two-year MBA is the most popular option for fresh graduates, with or without work experience. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best MBA College in Roorkee.
Advantages of doing an MBA: It is a very well-known fact that holding an MBA degree can fast-track a candidate’s career and help them compete in the cut-throat corporate world. An MBA instills managerial skills and leadership qualities that are key in setting up new businesses or in transitioning careers. Some of the key advantages of pursuing an MBA from the Phonics Group of Institutions, the best MBA College in Roorkee are:
- Global exposure
- Develop leadership qualities
- Higher salary packages
- Bigger pool of employment opportunities
- Develop managerial skills
- Business networking
- Entrepreneurial ecosystem
Eligibility Criteria: Following are the key eligibility criteria –
- The most basic criteria for pursuing an MBA which is common to all universities is graduation in any subject from a recognized university. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best BBA College in Roorkee.
- Students must score a minimum of 50 percent in graduation on average to qualify.
- Professionals who hold a CA/ICWAI/CS or other professional degrees can also pursue an MBA.
- Final year graduates can apply for an MBA provided their graduation university provides proof of graduation within the stipulated duration. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best B.Ed. College in Uttarakhand.
Admissions Procedure: All business schools test the candidates through an entrance test. Following are the types of entrance tests students are subjected to:
- National-Level Tests like MAT, CAT, ATMA, or CMAT. These tests are conducted by an apex testing body or a leading B-school.
- State-Level Tests like OJEE, TANCET, MAH-CET, KMAT, APICET. These tests are conducted by a testing body on the state level or by a leading B-school.
- Institute-Level Tests like XAT, SNAP, IBSAT, NMAT. These are tests that are conducted by the institutes themselves for their MBA programs.
Once the candidate has qualified for these entrance exams, a second-level screening round is conducted that often includes WAT-GD-PI. The final selection is based on a cumulative total of a candidate’s entrance test score, academic achievement, and the WAT-GD-PI. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best B.Ed. College in Uttarakhand.
Subjects Taught in MBA: Following are the main subjects that are taught in an MBA:
- Business environment
- Project work
- Computer Application
- Business laws
- Finance management
- HR management
- Business planning
- Principles of management
- Communication skills
- Business Communication
- Organizational behavior
- Retail management
MBA Jobs, Career Scope, and Salary: An MBA degree holder can access many job profiles that include leading teams and managing departments. Following are some of the top job offerings after completing an MBA from the best BBA College in Roorkee.
- Sales Manager – 10 LPA
- Product Manager – 15 LPA
- Advertising Sales Manager – 8.5 LPA
- Telecom Manager – 7 LPA
- International Business Manager – 9 LPA
- Import & Export Manager – 6 LPA
- Public Policy Manager – 7 LPA
- Retail Manager – 5 LPA
- Energy & Environment Manager – 6 LPA
- International Business Manager – 9 LPA
- Project Manager – 13 LPA
- Finance Manager – 9.6 LPA
- Operations Manager – 7 LPA
- Digital Marketing Manager – 4.5 LPA