B.Sc.(Optometry) stands for Bachelor of Science in Optometry. It is a 3-year undergraduate course that trains students to become optometrists. Optometrists are healthcare professionals who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. They can prescribe glasses and contact lenses, and they can also perform minor eye surgery.
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Some colleges may also require students to have taken Mathematics as a subject in 10+2.
- The B.Sc.(Optometry) course is a 3-year undergraduate program with a 6-month internship.
- The scope of B.Sc.(Optometry) is vast and there are many career opportunities available in this field.
- B.Sc.(Optometry) graduates can work in hospitals, clinics, eye care centers, and optical shops.
- They can also work as self-employed optometrists.
- The salary of a B.Sc.(Optometry) graduate varies depending on their experience and qualifications.
- However, the average salary for a B.Sc.(Optometry) graduate is around INR 5 lakhs per annum.