BMLT stands for Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology. It is a 3-year undergraduate course that trains students to become medical laboratory technologists. Medical laboratory technologists are healthcare professionals who work in medical laboratories to perform diagnostic tests on blood, urine, tissues, and other bodily fluids. They use these tests to help doctors diagnose and treat diseases.
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Some colleges may also require students to have taken Mathematics as a subject in 10+2.
- The BMLT course is a 3-year undergraduate program with a 6-month internship.
- The scope of BMLT is vast and there are many career opportunities available in this field.
- BMLT graduates can work in hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, blood banks, and pharmaceutical companies.
- They can also work as self-employed medical laboratory technologists.
- The salary of a BMLT graduate varies depending on their experience and qualifications.
- However, the average salary for a BMLT graduate is around INR 3 lakhs per annum.