BEST MECHANICAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE IN ROORKEE
A heartly welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Phonics Group of Institutions, Roorkee. Phonics Group of Institution is the best mechanical engineering college in Uttarakhand. The department has well qualified and dedicated faculty. The department strives to Impart knowledge and training of the highest standard. The objective of the department is to prepare students for a successful career in Industry, Research and Academics to meet the needs of growing technology. Our efforts are to develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design. We provide an opportunity for students to work as members of a team on multidisciplinary projects. The mechanical engineering department provides students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for higher studies as well as research. Phonics Group of Institutions is the best private college of Mechanical Engineering in Roorkee. We promote student awareness for life-long learning and introduce them to professional ethics and codes.
The vision of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to be regionally, nationally and internationally recognized in providing mechanical engineering education, leading to well-qualified engineers who are innovative, immediate contributors to their profession and successful in advanced studies.
The mission of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to educate, prepare, inspire, and mentor students to excel as professionals and to grow throughout their careers in the art, science, and responsibilities of engineering. This is accomplished by:
- Providing the facilities and environment conducive to a high-quality education, well grounding the students in the fundamental principles of engineering and preparing them for diverse careers.
- Engaging in academic and scholarly activities, which strengthen the major’s regional, national, and international reputation.
Within a few years of graduation, our graduates:
- Will have successful careers in engineering and beyond and will have assumed professional roles of increasing responsibility and impact.
- Will have acquired new knowledge and expertise through professional development opportunities or advanced education.
- Will be engaged in the workplace, professional or civic communities.
The following methods and strategies are used in the Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program to achieve these program educational objectives:
- Foster a personalized, supportive environment for all students by taking advantage of a small college atmosphere in a major research university.
- Enrich the undergraduate experience through experiential learning and international study opportunities.
- Provide a solid foundation and understanding of the fundamental principles of both the thermal-fluids and mechanical systems aspects of mechanical engineering.
- Offer a flexible curriculum that includes 21 s.h. elective courses in any standard i offerings (elective focus areas) or in an individualized elective focus area that is tailored to the student’s career goals.
- Provide students with opportunities to participate in multi-disciplinary design teams and to develop and practice written and oral communication skills.
- Offer courses that instruct students on how to design, conduct and interpret analysis, experiments and simulations in thermal-fluids and mechanical systems engineering.
- Provide students with opportunities to design mechanical engineering systems, components, and processes to meet specific needs and constraints in select courses throughout the educational program.
- Provide a contemporary grounding in professional responsibility, ethics, the global and societal impact of engineering decisions, and the need for lifelong learning.
Our graduates will have:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations.
- An ability to make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together create a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation.
- An ability to analyze and interpret data, using engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, beyond what is taught in lecture, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Analyze, design and develop machining systems to solve the engineering problems by integrating thermal, design and manufacturing domains of mechanical engineering.
- Adopt a multidisciplinary approach to solve real-world industrial problems.