BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Welcome to the Department of Computer Science at Phonics Group of Institutions, Roorkee. The Department presently offers a three-year B. Sc. degree programme in Computer Science affiliated from Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University. Phonics Group of Institutions is topmost private college of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in Roorkee Uttarakhand.
The faculty members are actively engaged in carrying out research activities in the areas Image processing, Information Retrieval, Computer Networks, Distributed Systems, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Wireless Sensor Networks, Cloud Computing, Database Systems, Big Data Analytics and Software Engineering.
The Department provides excellent state of the art laboratory facilities to the students and the faculty. Phonics Group of Institutions is the best college of B.Sc CS in Uttarakhand. Students are encouraged to carry out projects of Multidisciplinary nature. The department offers a Minor programme in Computer Science to the students of Engineering Degree programmes. Students of the Department are motivated to take up internships in the industries and institutes of eminence in India to get quality academic exposure. Overall, the Department provides high-quality research-oriented education to the students in order to mould them to succeed in a modern technological world.
To create the most conducive environment for quality academic and research oriented undergraduate education in computer science and prepare the students for a globalized technological society and orient them towards serving the society.
- To impart high quality professional training at the postgraduate and undergraduate level with an emphasis on basic principles of computer science and engineering.
- To establish nationally and internationally recognized research centres and expose the students to broad research experience.
- To impart moral and ethical values, and interpersonal skills to the students.
- To empower the students with the required skills to solve the complex technological problems of modern society and also provide them with a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science are expected to:
- Create and collaborate in emergent computing technologies leading to innovative solutions for industry and academia.
- Use current computing technologies and methods for the design and implementation of solutions in industry.
- Practice continuous learning to maintain and achieve professional and personal excellence.
- As a computing professional, collaborate effectively on domestic and global projects and programs.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal integrity, behaviour, ethical and professional conduct.
- Learn how to organize information efficiently in the forms of outlines, charts, etc. by using appropriate software. Develop the skills to present ideas effectively and efficiently.
- Do Academic and Professional Presentations – Designing and delivering an effective presentation and developing the various IT skills to the electronic databases.
- Use the Systems Analysis Design paradigm to critically analyze a problem. Solve the problems (programming networking database and Web design) in the Information Technology environment. Function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal and demonstrate professional behaviour.
- Develop IT-oriented security issues and protocols. Design and implement a web page. Improve communication and business management skills, especially in providing technical support. Serve as the System Administrators with thorough knowledge of DBMS.
- Apply fundamental principles and methods of Computer Science to a wide range of applications. PSO2. Design, correctly implement and document solutions to significant computational problems.
- Impart an understanding of the basics of our discipline.
- Prepare for continued professional development.
- Develop proficiency in the practice of computing.