BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AGRICULTURE
The growing farm technology in the past few decades has increased at such a level that has greater responsibility educators in the current scenario to keep updating to the students as well as the society. In this regard, Phonics Group of Institutions welcome all the stakeholders who are interested in sustainable agriculture development and agrifood business. Phonics Group of Institutions is one of the best agriculture college in Uttarakhand. Currently, we have B.Sc. (Honors) Agriculture, working on different projects and training programs for students and farmers. We are also signing various national and international MOU to enhance the skills and knowledge of the students of this department. We, at the Department of Agriculture, believe that the demand for graduates with a degree in agriculture is increasing every day in India and abroad. Hence, the Agriculture department at PGI is continuously striving to update and equip the students with the modern skills and expertise to meet the latest industry trends along with developing sustainable and ethical model for global agriculture development.
B.Sc. Agriculture is a broad-based course with great potential. The course curriculum of the agriculture degree dispense the education related to horticulture, food production, rural economy, animal rearing, and environmental health, rural development, etc. The agriculture field never face downsizing as the food is necessity of whole world. The course fee in a Top Agriculture College in India is also considerably lower in comparison to other professional degrees while rewarding with good jobs and a better package. Phonics Group of Institutions is one of the best agriculture college not only in Roorkee but positioned at high rank in all over Uttarakhand; providing practical & academic knowledge regarding the agricultural sciences & also the techniques used in modern farming. We invite all the interested agriculture aspirants to come and join the best Agriculture College in India to pursue their graduation in B. Sc. Agriculture.
To provide food and nutritional security to the people and make Agriculture profitable and attractive enterprise with sustainability.
To increase production and productivity of agri-horticultural crops using environment-friendly science and technology while ensuring increased net farm income to the farmers through various schemes, programmes and welfare measures.
- To enhance the economic development of all stakeholders.
- To generate employment in order to combat vagaries of unemployment problem.
- To enhance the per capita income to minimize the difference between rural and urban.
- To improve nutritional standards for betterment of health.
- To discourage rural to urban migration and thereby minimize congestion & other associated problems in the society.
- Economic empowerment of women.
- To contribute towards protection and up-gradation of the environment for ensuing ecological balance, avoidance of global warming and healthy living for man and animal.
- To create marketing facilities to reduce post-harvest loss and distress sale of agriculture produce.
- Imparting subject-related knowledge along with developing a connection between practical solutions and theory
- Encourage personal growth among students and boost their self-confidence, which will give them opportunities to be an integral part of the agro-industry
- Making the agriculture-related subjects interesting through scientific and experimental evidence.
- Develop problem-solving skills through practical applications and research
- Understand the impact of the professional agricultural solutions in societal and
environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- To demonstrate research-based knowledge of the legal and ethical environment impacting agriculture organizations and exhibit an understanding and appreciation of the ethical implications of decisions
- To demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the importance of the impact of globalization and diversity in modern agriculture organizations. Understanding of globalization, and NGO working