BEST CSE COLLEGE IN ROORKEE
Phonics Group of Institutions, Roorkee offers a wide variety of courses to choose from and is one of the best computer science and engineering college in Roorkee for students applying in Under Graduate programs and it is Affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun, B.Tech (CSE) is a four-year program approved by AICTE, the course consists of 8 semesters.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering commits to work towards developing Engineers with a rich blend of competent, technical, managerial and social skills and contribute to nation-building. Department places emphasis on all the important aspects of computers such as Computer Networks, Mobile Communication, Algorithm Design, Operating System, Advance Database Systems, Theory of Computation, Computer Graphics and many more.
Department takes the initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently. To meet the objectives, the department pays special emphasis on teaching and hands-on practical work. Students exhibit their innovative ideas, skills and potentials as final year projects and have won many awards at the university level.
The excellent infrastructure, experienced team of faculty dedicates to strengthen effective teaching learning process ensuring quality education. Phonics Group of Institutions is one of the top private college of computer science and engineering in Uttarakhand
We believe that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial Training in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the IT industry. Students of Computer Science and Engineering are placed with top IT companies.
To be recognized as the leader having proper and recent education and research in the Computer Science and Engineering arena, especially with a strong impact in the timely and targeted areas of research to attract the excellent faculty and students worldwide.
In order to prepare potential and productive persons in industry and academia as well as in the government sector, in graduate programs of the Department of CSE of PGI has an excellent environment of teaching, learning, and research in computing. Phonics Group of Institutions is the top private college of CSE in Uttarakhand.
In particular, we aim:
- To produce highly qualified and all-rounded graduate possessing in-depth knowledge of computing and information technology who can provide leadership and service to India and the world.
- To pursue creative research and new innovations in Computer Science and Engineering and across disciplines in order to serve the needs of industry, government, society, and the scientific community by expanding and contributing to the body of knowledge in the field.
- To develop strong partnerships with industrial and government and non-government agencies, professional societies, and local communities.
The academic objectives of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering are to provide outstanding education and research programs that can:
- Promote a philosophy of learning with the development of a computer science engineering student body to be prepared for their specific profession, for advanced studies and careers in research with multidisciplinary knowledge.
- Provide a stimulating academic research environment for individuals who would be capable to work in both industry and academia, and would be the leaders in the demonstration of professional skills and in the development of new technology for the benefit of society.
Able to draw upon foundational knowledge, learn, adapt and successfully bring to bear analytical and computational approaches on changing societal and technological challenges.
- Apply knowledge of Computing, Mathematics including discrete mathematics, Probability and Queueing theory, statistics and basic sciences to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Analyze problems with varying complexities for engineering applications.
- Design and develop software/hardware components or systems for applications.
- The study, investigate, interpret data and perform analysis of complex contemporary problems.
- Model complex engineering problems and find solutions using appropriate techniques and tools.
- Provide computer-based solutions for engineering problems without compromising public health, safety, cultural, social and legal aspects.
- Analyze the local and global impact of environmentally-friendly hardware/software applications for sustainable development.
- Practice code of ethics in personal, social and professional activities.
- Perform effectively as an individual and as a member or a leader in a multidisciplinary team to accomplish a goal.
- Connect a range of audiences with effective oral and written communication.
- Ensure professional development growth through contextual, reflective and lifelong learning.
- Effectively manage projects of multidisciplinary nature as a member or a leader in achieving a financial goal
Theoretical Computer Science: Students at the time of graduation will be able to apply fundamental knowledge of theoretical computer science and critically analyze problems to provide computer-based solutions for engineering applications.
Hardware and software systems: Students at the time of graduation will be able to design cost-effective hardware/software systems and components for engineering/social applications using the knowledge of hardware and/or software architecture, programming and development.
Technology: Students at the time of graduation will be able to apply appropriate technology to find solutions for complex problems.
Research Capability: Students at the time of graduation will be able to apply domain knowledge and expertise for enhancing research capability to transform innovative ideas into reality