B.Sc.(OTT) stands for Bachelor of Science in Operation Theatre Technology. It is a 3-year undergraduate course that trains students to become operation theatre technicians. Operation theatre technicians are healthcare professionals who work in operation theatres to assist surgeons and doctors during surgeries. They are responsible for setting up the operation theatre, preparing the patient, and providing support to the surgical team.
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Some colleges may also require students to have taken Mathematics as a subject in 10+2.
- The B.Sc.(OTT) course is a 3-year undergraduate program with a 6-month internship.
- The scope of B.Sc.(OTT) is vast and there are many career opportunities available in this field.
- B.Sc.(OTT) graduates can work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and diagnostic centers.
- They can also work as self-employed operation theatre technicians.
- The salary of a B.Sc.(OTT) graduate varies depending on their experience and qualifications.
- However, the average salary for a B.Sc.(OTT) graduate is around INR 3 lakhs per annum.