Working in the public sector in India has not only been admired for their work profiles but also provides you with a platform to contribute to social welfare and earn lucrative salaries. Keeping in mind the additional benefits that come along with a government job such as allowances, and appreciation, it serves to be the base for some of the best opportunities for establishing successful careers. These careers are mostly in the fields of Policymaking, Tax & Revenue, Communication, Law & Order, Statistics, Public Administration, Engineering, and Scientific fields. In India, Most of the highest-paying government jobs are highly competitive and students have to pass competitive exams to fill in.
Placement statistics from the Phonics Group of Institutions, the best Electrical Engineering College in Roorkee have listed the following companies wherein government jobs are easily offered:
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electronics Ltd.
- BPCL – Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- SAIL – Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.
- GAIL – Natural gas transmission company
- ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- IOCL – Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- CIL – Coal India Ltd
Most of these companies recruit based on the marks obtained in the GATE (The Graduate Aptitude Test) examination. Some of these companies also hire directly through college recruitment.
Following are some of the top government jobs after completing engineering from some of the best Electronics & Communications Engineering College in Uttarakhand.
Data Scientist: Data analytics and research are the subjects of the future. Organizations around the globe are primarily hiring engineers as data scientists considering the boom in this industry. India is not far behind in the race, the data sciences sector in India as well as understood the importance of Big Data and is striving each day to grow in the field. Engineers graduating from the Phonics Group of Institutions, the best Electrical Engineering College in Roorkee have landed jobs as data scientists in industries like agriculture, healthcare, tax collection, and water management.
Defense Forces: One of the highest-paying government jobs if the candidates are adventurous and patriotic. Candidates can either join the navy, army, or air force. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best Electronics & Communications Engineering College in Uttarakhand.
- Army: To join the army, candidates have to score a minimum of 88% in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics). The Ministry of Defence then interviews the candidate, thereon based on their physical strength and marital status they are recruited for the Indian Army.
- Navy: Once the candidate clears the Service Selection Board Interview after completing BTech, there are four ways in which they can join the Indian Navy. NCC Special Entry for Naval Academy, Graduate Special Entry Scheme, Short Service Commission in Indian Navy, and Permanent Commission Entry in the Indian Navy.
- Air Force: Candidates need to score a minimum of 60% marks in BE/BTech from a recognized university and apply through examination to join the air force. The three main branches that offer jobs are the flying branch, technical branch, and ground branch.
Indian Railways: The Indian Railways is considered one of the best avenues to consider for candidates looking to opt for a government job. The Indian Railways employs over 1.4 million people as part of their workforce. Positions such as junior engineer, Signal and interlocking engineer, senior section engineer, Train light engineer, Railroad engineer, and truss engineer are available to engineering graduates from the best Civil Engineering College in Roorkee.
Civil Servant: Serving as a civil servant in India is the most respected and well-paid portfolio. Engineer graduates seeking a government job after completing their B. Tech from the Best Civil Engineering College in Roorkee can sit for the UPSC examinations and become civil servants. Positions such as IAS, IRS, IFS, and IPS can be aimed for after clearing the UPSC examinations.
There is no dearth of government jobs after completing a B.Tech however it is important to pursue engineering from a recognized university. The Phonics Group of Institutions is well-reputed and has a dedicated pursuit of excellence.