Studies indicated that freshly graduated engineers are increasingly frustrated as even though there seems to be a pool of opportunities, they are unable to bag jobs. Even with their perfect CVs, qualifications, and technical abilities candidates are lagging behind. The same applies to promotions as well. This is in direct correlation to the fact that technical skills are no longer the benchmark for present-day employers. Evidently enough, technical skills can only jump-start a candidate’s career to a certain level however it is not enough in today’s constantly evolving scenario.
Educationists at the best Mechanical Engineering College in Roorkee, preach that engineers should focus on soft skills apart from just gaining technical skills and knowledge whilst their education. It is important for engineers today to have an all-rounded personality, beset with emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills. This article aims to illustrate the top 5 soft skills engineers should instill to become more employable.
- Communication skills: Acquiring and practicing communication skills helps one acquire an array of soft skills. For engineers, it is important to deliver solutions to specific problems that clients may have rather than laying out technical details. More often than not, clients are not interested in abstract theories or high-grade science.
The best engineering college in Roorkee helps their students in acquiring writing skills, empathy, non-verbal communication skills, writing skills, active listening skills, and patience.
- Leadership skills: Most people are mistaken that leadership skills are only useful at a managerial level. However, leadership skills also include setting the right example for your peers, motivating your team, keeping a distance from a task, personal development, and team development. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best engineering college in Uttarakhand. They conduct regular training and workshops for their students to attain the right skills.
- Creativity: Engineers often miscalculate and highly underestimate the importance of having a creative bent. By being imaginative and creative, engineers can innovate and come up with solutions to complex problems. They can solve unexpected situations with clients more easily. The Phonics Group of Institutions, the best Mechanical Engineering College in Roorkee has world-class faculty that uses new educative techniques to make their student think out of the box.
- Organizational Skills: This skill set includes goal-setting, time management, prioritization skills, and planning skills. All these skills seem technical in nature but serve as soft skills in practice. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best engineering college in Roorkee to acquire these skills.
- Problem-Solving skills – This skill set involves brainstorming skills, critical thinking skills, research skills, and innovation skills. All of these skills are those that most recruiters seek in candidates and they often throw challenges during interviews themselves that test the presence of problem-solving skills in the candidates themselves. The Phonics Group of Institutions is the best engineering college in Uttarakhand. They conduct various mocks through their career-development centers to hone these skills in students.